This week we were joined by Karolina Szczur. Karolina is a designer, developer and photographer living in Kraków, Poland. She is currently working with the delightful people of &yet.
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 23:44 How do you guys deal with web fonts that render significantly smaller than average?
- 31:02 What is the current trend for the placement of a form on a page?
- 39:46 The agency I work with isn’t happy I’m using LESS or SASS for front end styles. They claim the CSS it delivers for the client is too messy, and that we should write straight CSS. Do you have any recommendations for writing cleaner pre-processed code?
- 47:15 Is it feasible in CSS to have ellipsis applied to multiline text (text in a block, so height is also should be considered), if it starts to overflow?
- 58:11 I am quite new to web design and I think I could improve on my web presence. It seems that almost all web professionals use Twitter extensively. Why is it such an important tool?
- 22:02 E4H: CSS Dev Conf The first conference devoted to CSS, the design language of the web, returns for its third year on October 13-15, 2014, this time to New Orleans.
Three keynotes and 24 sessions over three tracks makes for a fast-paced two-day immersion into modern multi-device design and development!
Check out super great courses like:
- Creative GoPro Photography and Video Techniques
- Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress
- Creating a One-Page Scrollable Website with Adobe Muse
Get a free 7 day trial now!
- Karolina on Twitter
- Karolina’s Website
- Emoji Fortunes
- Typekit by Adobe
- Font Squirrel
- Basics of the Unix Philosophy
- CSS Ellipsis: How to Manage Multi-Line Ellipsis in Pure CSS
- Barney Carroll’s Multi-line Ellipsis CodePen
- CSS Tricks: Line Clampin’
- CSS Tricks: A Complete Guide to Flexbox
If you enjoy the show, please take a minute and fill out our short feedback survey! This will be closing soon so get your submissions in and help us shape the future of the show!
Also, if the show has helped you in any way, please let people know by leaving us an iTunes review! We’d really appreciate it. Thanks!