This week we were joined by Divya Manian, an “Open Web Pamphleteer” at Adobe and Garann Means, a web developer at Etsy and fellow Austinite with Dave. Together they from Frip Frap, a video podcast about front end stuff. That’s right, #CROSSOVER! We talk about (roughly in order):
- WordPress vs Envato drama. Two second recap: Envato sells WP themes with a split license, WordPress doesn’t like that, no solution in sight, Envato authors can’t participate (beyond attending) at WordCamps. Jake Caputo was majorly affected. Chris Wallace is similarly confused.
- Heather Arthur gets some scorn she didn’t deserve.
Q & A
- What does Git have over SVN?
- Does a search form belong in a <nav>?
- Is hiding content off screen (rather than display: none;) going to hurt your SEO?
- What up with validation flagging so many “errors”?
- Environments for Humans – Both Chris and Dave will be at the exellent In Control Conference in Orlando this February. Use coupon SHOPTALK for $100 off.
- Lynda.com – Over 77,000 videos teaching not just the web, but photography, business, 3D, and more. Use our link for a free week.