Continuing in our series, Brad Frost stops by to give us his thoughts on front-end development work in 2018 and walks us through our Dribbble shots experiment. (Links to the images are below in the show notes or on your podcast player.)
Time Jump Links
- 2:40 Do you think of yourself as a front-end developer Brad?
- 5:40 Is front-end development having an identity crisis?
- 10:10 What do you see in the clients you work with?
- 12:10 Updating 100s of comps to change the font size for a client
- 16:25 Sponsored by NativeScript
- 17:55 What's the most perfect front-end project for you?
- 23:30 Figuring out which parts are non-negotiable.
- 27:57 What's a turf war you'd fight on a project?
- 33:45 Sponsored by WordPress
- 35:10 Any tips for the hiring process?
- 43:05 The front-end developer deals with the browser - the client.
- 45:00 It's ok if you're bad at something - hire someone who's not bad at it.
- 51:00 Dribbble #1 Food for lovers
- 55:09 Dribbble #2 Socialio
- 57:07 Dribbble #3 Sibling
- 1:00:20 Dribbble #4 Finance app
- 1:04:00 Dribbble #5 Festival homepage
- 1:11:00 Where to follow Brad online