Dave and Chris are joined by Michael Arestad to talk about WordPress, Jetpack, and answer your WordPress related questions about building apps with WordPress, back-end devs doing front-end dev jobs, and adding filtered searches to custom queries.
Web Unleashed, helps front-end professionals learn the skills they need to push them ahead in their careers. Enjoy two full days and over 50 presentations from industry experts; plus endless opportunities to network and connect with like-minded developers, creative coders, evangelists, designers, technologists, managers, makers, engineers, educators, directors, strategists, enthusiasts and more!
Jetpack adds loads of features your self-hosted WordPress site, with the overall theme of bringing the power of WordPress.com servers to your servers. Flip on an image CDN. Flip on site backups. Flip on Markdown. Flip on security scanning. Flip on more powerful search. And so much more.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:30 Guest introduction
- 8:50 Display run in bug
- 11:35 How does an issue get triaged through a large company like Automattic?
- 18:30 Sponsored by FITC Web Unleashed
- 19:50 The business of WordPress is clearer now in 2018.
- 24:30 What's the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- 29:00 What can you do with WordPress.com now?
- 31:50 Dave troubleshoots his parody blog.
- 33:00 What is something people don't know about WordPress or Jetpack?
- 40:00 I work for an agency that receives a lot of requests for WordPress sites. However, the problem is that these requests go beyond the scope of WordPress in my opinion. What should I do?
- 47:35 Why do people think that back-end developers can do the job of a front-end developer?
- 50:40 What's the best way to add filtered searches to custom queries in WordPress?
You’ll be working alongside developers and designers on a broad range of digital projects, as well as liaising with clients on technical consultations.