Jetlag edition of ShopTalk Show answering your questions about remote working, caching for offline use with service workers, life using and maintaining NPM modules, and monitor switching hardware. #airportmagazinetalk
One Month's online courses can help you become a web developer, level up your career, or make a mark on the world. One Month was started by two Columbia University professors whose lives both changed when they taught themselves to code.
In each One Month course you'll make four real world projects that you can use for your portfolio like WordPress themes, React apps, Android mobile apps, and more! Over 70,000 students - including dev teams at Google, Stripe, Razorfish, Bloomberg and Facebook - have taken One Month's courses.
Right now, Shop Talk listeners get a special 25% on all One Month courses. Enroll today!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:40 Airpline travel magazine reviews
- 3:40 Working from home & remote working: How do you prevent the cabin fever from settling in? How do you not go stir crazy?
- 10:40 What should you cache for offline use when using Service Workers? How much can we cache? Where is the limit? Why not cache everything?
- 28:30 I use a flavor of Bootstrap that I pulled in from NPM and compile using SASS. Do you have any recommendations as to how I can back up my project so that the changes I've mangled, er-um made, can be preserved?
- 42:50 Once I am done with my day job work, I like to switch to my own MacBook Pro so I can work on side projects, watch movies and do other personal things. Do you guys know of good way to switch between the two or use both at the same time?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.