Our guest is Rebekah Monson of Whereby.Us – a company that creates media and technology products that help people connect and engage in their cities. Is using WordPress Multisite a good idea? How can a small team manage editorial, tech, and community issues efficiently? Is there any profitability in local media?
Jump to a discussion on…
- 3:30 Introduction to Rebekah
- 5:50 Introduction to Whereby
- 10:50 Newsletter first approach for The New Tropic
- 12:30 Using Mailchimp and designing the template for client
- 14:50 Using WordPress for a media site
- 16:02 Local news on the website
- 17:50 Profitability in local media?
- 19:51 Wastelands of Google Ads on local sites
- 22:25 Replicating success and expanding and using WordPress Multisite
- 32:50 Recirculating old content in the midst of new content
- 36:20 Pulling together different taxonomies
- 37:55 Creating a greatest hits package of your content
- 40:35 The secret to using WordPress categories well.
- 46:02 Building a guide that can be resold or advertised with.
- 48:55 The different ways sites show you related posts.
- 53:30 How to balance editorial, tech, and community on a business?
- 59:20 Building quick, dumb things and try to make them better
- Rebekah on Twitter @rsm
- The New Tropic
- The Skimm
- The Evergrey
- WordPress VIP
- Christopher Sopher
- Bruce Pinchbeck
One of the frustrating things about being a developer, is dealing with errors. 😥
- Relying on users to report errors
- Digging thru log files trying to debug issues
- Or a million alerts flooding your inbox ruining your day
Rollbar’s full-stack error monitoring, gives you the context, insights and control you need to find and fix bugs faster. Rollbar works with all major languages & frameworks. It’s easy to install. Start tracking errors in 8 mins.
❤ by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more.
Go to rollbar.com/shoptalkshow and get the Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days.
Unlock the full power of CodePen Pro.