RAPIDFire Q&A Miami style. But first, Dave introduces you to the ShopTalk Show comment bag. Fake news on Facebook, in-app browsers on iOS being different, Filezilla secure, and figuring out when to stop researching new technology and just build websites.
- 3:35 Webpack followup
- 10:40 Load times less than 3 seconds on 3G
- 17:40 Digging up old screenshots via wayback machine
- 18:01 Typescript discussions
- 22:07 Public APIs
- 22:33 Jekyll / Static Site discussion
- 23:33 3GJS Inspector
- 23:50 Every CMS sucks. Craft a possible exception.
Q & A
- 25:30 I’ve noticed that the in-app browsers for Twitter and Facebook often display websites differently than other mobile browsers. Have you ever experienced this issue?
- 49:00 I’ve been using Filezilla for ftp for years and yesterday I read a story on slashdot that people who use it are having their passwords stolen and that there was a new version out called Filezilla secure.
- 54:45 How do you draw the line when researching new technology, tools and features in Web Development?
- Survive JS
- Front End Center on Webpack
- Intro to Web Pack by Kimberley Cook
- Wayback Machine Downloader
- FOAAS – NSFW language warning
- Cloud Cannon
- Craft CMS
- Craft Essentials by Mijingo
- Webview on the iOS App Store
- Wall Street Journal creates Blue Feed, Red Feed
- Design for Real Life
- FileZilla Secure
- Transmit for Mac
- Coda for Mac
- Luke Whitehouse: Maintable Project Workflows
- Dan Mall Goes Windows
ShopTalk Show Law Declarations
- 56:50 The Rupert Solvable 4 Hour Chunk Philosophy (RSFHC for short?)
Sponsor: Typekit 31:40
Typekit is the best way to get the fonts you need for all your creative projects. Designers have counted on us for years to serve beautiful type on the web, and Creative Cloud members continue to delight at learning how to sync fonts from Typekit to local applications. We’ve now expanded our offering substantially with Typekit Marketplace, which uses the same font sync and web hosting technologies to deliver an even broader range of fonts, with prices set by participating foundries. We’re excited to see what you make with this.