It's a RAPIDFire episode where we answer your questions like: applications for jobs with abstract questions, Webpack vs Gulp, marking up e-mail addresses, alpha #hex confusion, and we debate CSS preprocessors as only ShopTalk Show can.
⭐️ CodePen PRO ()
Match Your Site's Style With Unlimited Theme Embeds!
Your website has a unique look, so why should the code and demos you provide there look generic? The CodePen Embed Builder allows you to build themes to completely customize the look of Embedded Pens. Change the look of your site? Just change the theme and all your Embedded Pens change too.
As a PRO, you'll be able to build unlimited themes, remove the branding, and even use your own totally custom CSS.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:50 Do front-end developers really need to be amazing at building abstract algorithms?
- 17:25 Is it worth trying to keep squeezing steps into our current build process or should we be looking at replacing the entire gulp process with something more solid like webpack?
- 25:50 What is the most accessible way for marking up e-mail addresses these days?
- 35:35 Is alpha hex a new thing? It seems to be supported in Chrome 52, but I can't find any more information on it.
- 41:50 Please debate this article: Why I don’t use CSS preprocessors
The role is pretty awesome. You get to drive development on all our JS projects, including our Node.js SDK to our Angular and React integrations - with the goal of building great tools for the community to help them build better software, faster. Moreover, you'd get to engage directly with the community - teaching best practices, presenting at user groups, writing popular blog content, and contributing back to open source projects.