We're answering your questions right after Dave finishes grinding his gears about SaaS. Programming after 30? Development environment possibilities? Getting content from clients? rems vs ems? Angular vs React metaphors?
One of the frustrating things about being a developer, is dealing with errors.
- Relying on users to report errors
- Digging thru log files trying to debug issues
- Or a million alerts flooding your inbox ruining your day
Rollbar's full-stack error monitoring, gives you the context, insights and control you need to find and fix bugs faster. Rollbar works with all major languages & frameworks. It's easy to install. Start tracking errors in 8 mins.
❤ by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more.
Go to rollbar.com/shoptalkshow and get the Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days.
⭐️ Practical SVG ()
Harness the power and possibilities of crisp, performance-efficient SVG with Chris Coyier. From software basics to build tools to optimization, you’ll learn techniques for a solid workflow. Go deeper: create icon systems, explore sizing and animation, and understand when and how to implement fallbacks. Get your images up to speed and look sharp!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 8:03 Foundation is specifically built with Sass, and heavily leverages imports for each feature. Basically, if you don't need the feature it is up to the developer to not include it.
- 19:00 I'm starting to finally understand the concepts of Angular and React. However, I'm struggling to understand when I would reach for one over the other. Could you give me an example of a use case for Angular and a use case for React?
- 28:30 What's the deal with rem vs. em?
- 38:57 I wondered if you'd ever considered doing a show about 'older' people making the jump into tech. By older I mean 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond, as I'm aware that in tech 30+ is often considered old, which I find hilarious!
- 49:00 Any tips on process for getting content from clients? We've tried stuff like dropbox folders, master word docs, etc. Getting it all wrangled into a clear deliverable from them feels harder than it should be.
- 54:50 I thought a very cool thing about Wes Bos' React course (which was great) was the first video on getting your dev environment set up. I'd love to hear if you guys have locked into a workflow to solve this particular issue, or just generally if there are parts of your workflow that you think are cool and are worth sharing.