RAPIDFIRE #57! !pew! !pew! 15 minutes on Favicon issues - need we say more? Ok how about versioning a major website rewrite? Developing an idea for a talk? Arguments about AMP? Front end devs feeling like back end devs? WordPress and WooCommerce issues? !pew! !pew!
Developers around the world have embraced the Braintree vdotzero SDK as the easiest way to add secure mobile payments to their apps and websites.
No matter what payment type, Braintree accepts it. Apple Pay, Android Pay, PayPal, Venmo, credit cards, even Bitcoin. And if something new pops up, Braintree will support that too. It’s the same payment solution used by Uber, Airbnb, and GitHub, so you know it scales.
Integrating it into your app is as easy as inserting a few lines of code. Try out the sandbox and see for yourself.
One of the frustrating things about being a developer, is dealing with errors. :cry:
- Relying on users to report errors
- Digging thru log files trying to debug issues
- Or a million alerts flooding your inbox ruining your day
Rollbar's full-stack error monitoring, gives you the context, insights and control you need to find and fix bugs faster. Rollbar works with all major languages & frameworks. It’s easy to install. Start tracking errors in 8 mins.
♥ by engineers at Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Zendesk, Twitch & more.
Go to rollbar.com/shoptalkshow, get the Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:46 What is the impact on performance when including all favicons? What is current best practice?
- 17:23 I have a question on website versioning, say you have v1 of a site under source control and want to rewrite that site. Would you create a new repo for the rewrite or somehow tag the current as v1 and add the files for v2?
- 22:30 I would love to speak to people but am having a hard time figuring out what would be a good topic to pitch; I’m afraid I am just re-interpreting previous ideas/talks.
- 32:00 Is there a plugin or a setting to load images before the WooCommerce JS plugin?
- 37:55 What are your feelings about AMP pages? Do you think AMP pages will have “staying power”?
- 48:36 I was hired as a front end dev but based on the amount of php I’m writing these days, I’m starting to feel like a back end dev. What’s the line between front end dev and back end dev?
- 54:05 Do you think tacking on additional items to the WordPress post object is a good idea or a bad idea?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.