This episode we talk with Saron Yitbarek, a developer currently working at Microsft who started CodeNewbie. We discuss podcasting techniques, work/life balance, experience vs training, and RSI treatment.
Content is the biggest pain-point with web building. Learn how to level up with content strategy by taking two days with industry’s best content trainers without leaving the office at virtual, live Content Strategy Summit. Register at ContentStrategySummit.com.
This episode of Shop Talk is brought to you by Braintree. Code for easy online payments. If you’re building a mobile app and searching for a simple payments solution, check out Braintree.
The Braintree v dot zero SDK makes it easy to offer multiple mobile payment types. Start accepting PayPal, Apple Pay, Bitcoin, Venmo, cards, and more— all with a single integration.
Braintree gives you an easy way to accept multiple payment types with one integration. Quick, knowledgeable developer support if you have any questions. Start accepting Apple Pay, PayPal, Bitcoin, Venmo, cards, and whatever’s next — all with a single integration.
With the Braintree v dot zero SDK — one small snippet of code, and you’re all set up in less than 10 minutes.
To learn more, and for your first $50,000 in transactions fee-free, click here.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 23:12 How are you keeping your life balanced? What tools do you use to manage everything?
- 39:54 How can I get past the initial inexperience stigma? I am extremely talented straight out of college, yet it’s hard to get jobs because I have no experience.
- 52:13 Are there any legal ramifications for publishing a copy of another sites information online? Should I have an alert on the surge site that lets users know that this is a copy of somename.com?
- 54:38 I just wondered if you guys could offer any advice to people suffering from RSI or if you have had any personal experience with this (or any other type of) work based injury.
- 1:03:00 Is it worth relocating to pursue a career working with a specific technology now or would it be better to wait it out until more opportunities arise?