Kristina Halvorson joined us for a deep dive into content strategy.
Web Standards Sherpa and Environments for Humans are joining forces to celebrate web design best practices and bid a fond farewell to Shirley the Goat. Some of our best Sherpa guides are presenting at this one day virtual conference and there will also be two open Q&A sessions where you can ask industry experts your pressing questions.
Bring all your Sherpas to your desktop or their own mobile device on April 2nd from 9AM to 4PM (CT). Get your tickets now, and use SHOPTALK for 20% off !
Kickstart your new year and challenge yourself to learn something new with a free 10-day trial to lynda.com!
Check out some super great courses like:
- Jeffrey Zeldman: 20 Years of Web Design and Community
- Word Press Essential Training
- Code Clinic - an innovative series where each month lynda.com issues a code challenge and authors share their solutions using a variety of different programming languages
Whether you want to set new financial goals, find work/life balance, invest in a new hobby, ask your boss for a raise, find a new job or improve upon your current job skills in 2015; lynda.com has something for everyone! Get a free 10 day trial now!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 21:40 I'm the lead for website development projects at an advertising firm and I get asked a lot from clients, “How should I send you changes to the website?” Is there a service that allows you to see the website along with an overlay of the clients markup and notes?
- 27:24 I've recently started a small WordPress blog with a few friends. I tell them to make sure they fill out important fields before posting articles (featured images, categories, etc). I still find that they often forget these fields. Do you know of any plugins or alternate solutions to make these fields a requirement before someone can publish an article?
- 30:03 My company's sites have some duplicated content. How badly does this affect our Google page rank for products?
- 37:10 What CMS would you recommend for needs like e-commerce specific content on mobile?
- 42:43 I'd like to show a different design (different JS, CSS, and content) to mobile users on my Wordpress site. Any advice for me?
- 49:14 The other day I stumbled upon The Grid. Their goal seems to be automating the website layout and design process based on a users content via Ai and machine learning. How do you guys feel this will effect the website design industry? Since this looks pretty straightforward for anyone to use, will this cause for designers to start moving into development?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.