Vitaly Friedman is the founder of Smashing Magazine.
Vitaly shared his experiences with traveling and working remotely, and online publishing. We also discussed Microsoft's new browser, designing for VR, holograms, and more.
Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web's most notable experts in responsive web design and web performance for an all-new, three-day online conference, the RWD Summit 2015! Bring the experts to your desktop March 10-March 12, 2015 from 9AM to 4PM (CT)
Use coupon code SHOPTALK for 20% off your ticket!
Kickstart your new year and challenge yourself to learn something new with a free 10-day trial to lynda.com!
Check out some super great courses like:
- Jeffrey Zeldman: 20 Years of Web Design and Community
- Word Press Essential Training
- Code Clinic - an innovative series where each month lynda.com issues a code challenge and authors share their solutions using a variety of different programming languages
Whether you want to set new financial goals, find work/life balance, invest in a new hobby, ask your boss for a raise, find a new job or improve upon your current job skills in 2015; lynda.com has something for everyone! Get a free 10 day trial now!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 24:43 Microsoft's new browser, Spartan
- 36:31 I’m planning to start blogging about web development. Do you have any tips on how I can drive traffic / increase visibility of my blog posts. Are there any web sites where I could submit my blog posts in an attempt to increase visibility?
- 41:01 I currently use MAMP. I no longer want to use MAMP. Help me.
- 56:23 Microsoft today announced HoloLens, its augmented reality-type headset, and there's the secretive Google funded Magic Leap project. There's also the world of VR: Sony is working on Morpheus and Samsung is partnering with Oculus. How will the web be consumed on these devices? How do today's web developers stay relevant, or will the role die off/merge with something else?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.