This week it’s another RAPID-FIRE!!! Nothing but mouth guns and hot question and answer madness!
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 8:16 Is there a reason to use single quotes instead of double quotes when writing HTML?
- 11:45 I started doing work (with a group of fellow students) for a client 6 months ago, and they keep coming back with more work and changes to the site. I still haven’t been paid for the original work, and I can’t keep working for free, but I really need the money (if they ever pay). What should I do?
- 20:12 I work for an agency that hires a new developer every 9-12 months or so (with 5 currently on staff). Besides resources, what kinds of things can we put in place to not only make that a more seamless transition, but also for us to perform as a more cohesive unit?
- 26:10 My question is about rendering quality of text when the CSS transform scale is applied to the container. After scale is applied the text looks blurry. I tried using some of the fixes (like text stroke, for example), and it’s a little better but still not very sharp. Any suggestions?
- 36:00 What are the latest developments for dealing with the responsive image “art direction” problem?
- 44:59 How do web designers and developers handle the hosting of their own sites and their clients’ sites without it becoming a logistical nightmare?
- 51:20 The other day I saw a stack overflow question where somebody posted a PSD of a share button their designer had given them, and asked for someone to make it work using pure CSS. What are your thoughts on the ethics of outsourcing to stackoverflow?
- 17:17 Environments for Humans Online Conferences
- UX Future Summit – Rosenfeld Media and Environments for Humans bring together some of the Web’s most notable experts in for an all-new, one-day only online conference, the UX Futures Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop November 5th from 9AM to 4PM (CT).
- SASS Summit – A full-day deep dive into Sass–setting up from workflow foundations to learning the cutting edge Sass stuff coming in version 3.4. Join us for a day of Sass experts discussing the state of Sass and deep diving the features that make our workflow easier: from building style guides, coding complex RWD layouts, and much more. Bring the experts to your desktop November 6th from 9AM to 4PM (CT).
- Use discount code
SHOPTALKSHOWfor 25% off! Get your tickets for the UX Future Summit and the SASS Summit now!
- 33:57 lynda.com – The best online learning resource. New courses are posted every single day. Check out some super great courses like:
- Audio & Music Production
- Logic Pro X
- Creative GoPro Photography and Video Techniques
- Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress
- Creating a One-Page Scrollable Website with Adobe Muse
- And so much more. Learn all the things! Get a [free 7 day trial now]!(http://lynda.com/shoptalk)!
- Geek Mental Health Week
- Mental Illness Can Affect Anyone (tweet)
- Single vs Double quotes (‘ vs “)
- CodePen Meetups
- Pattern Libraries
- Dave’s Article “Delivering Mini-Bootstraps”
- Dave’s Tranform Scale CodePen
- A Guide to SVG Animations (SMIL)
- Get a free 14 day CodePen Pro Trial
- Uncle Dave’s Ol’ Padded Box
- JS Face Detection
- CSS Tricks: Figuring Out Responsive Images
- Picturefill: A responsive image polyfill
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please let people know by leaving us an iTunes review! We really appreciate it. Thank you!