This week we were joined by Marc Grabanski. Marc is a UI dev consultant and runs Frontend Masters.
We talked about (roughly in order):
- 12:00 Don’t call it Standard Markdown
Q & A:
- 32:36 Is there a foundry or type designer you rely on to provide consistency, or do you assume the well known ones are all pretty much the same quality? Is there a real incentive to hosting yourself?
- 44:04 Is there a ‘best-practices’ way to direct WordPress to run any CSS and JS from plugins in the footer?
- 53:10 I have a friend that wants to make a quick buck throwing together sites with Drupal themes. How do you both precisely articulate what is, and what is not “professional” practice?
- 22:29 E4H: Sass Summit – Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web’s most notable experts in for an all-new, one-day only online conference, the Sass Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop November 6th from 9AM to 4PM (CT).
- Join us for a day of Sass experts discussing the state of Sass and deep diving the features that make our workflow easier: from building style guides, coding complex RWD layouts, and much more.
- Use coupon code
SHOPTALKSHOWfor 20% off, and grab your tickets now!
- 40:58 Adobe Typekit – Typekit now brings beautiful type to your desktop with the power of Adobe Creative Cloud. Choose the fonts you need, and then use them wherever you need them—whether that’s on the web, synced to your desktop, or both.
- Stunning typefaces from quality foundries. Inspiring to browse, and easy to use. Check it out now!
- Marc Grabanski
- Marc on Twitter
- Front End Masters
- Font Squirrel
- W3 Total Cache
- Foundation Framework
- Sacha Greif: The $5 Logo