This week it's another RAPID-FIRE!!! Nothing but hot question and action action!
he first conference devoted to CSS, the design language of the web, returns for its third year on October 13-15, 2014, this time to New Orleans.
- Three keynotes and 24 sessions over three tracks makes for a fast-paced two-day immersion into modern multi-device design and development!
- Grab your tickets now!
The best online learning resource. New courses are posted every single day. Check out some super great courses like:
- Creative GoPro Photography and Video Techniques
- Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress
- Creating a One-Page Scrollable Website with Adobe Muse
- So much more. Learn all the things! Get a [free 7 day trial now]!(http://lynda.com/shoptalk)!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 3:29 My question is about LiveReload. I want to use this but am having trouble getting sass, wordpress, and LiveReload to play nicely. When setting up live reload do you use the JS snippet or the chrome extension? Do you let LiveReload compile your sass, or use your tool of choice?
- 13:10 Is there a way to link lyrics to a song so that the word that is being sung is highlighted?
- 20:18 How does one bounce back from a bad job interview?
- 24:44 There is a growing trend now to switch from Photoshop to Sketch. I have been working in a Windows environment all this time and I have no idea what to do if I got a Sketch document! Should I ask the designers to extract the assets to me and use a JPG as a reference? Should I turn down jobs I am getting that aren't in Photoshop till Sketch releases a version that can run in Windows?
- 33:21 What are your thoughts on the single responsibility principle pertaining to classes in html/css? If you use this principle, do you extend many classes in sass?
- 42:42 I have seen examples (Chris even did one on css-tricks.com) where you can have audio playing even after changing pages. Is it possible to do this with video in the sidebar?
- 55:05 I'm looking at switching my line-height set up from rem width px fallback to unitless. This is for a responsive project, where the support benchmarks have been set pretty far back. What the benefits are compered to staying with rems, and is there a performance/rendering benefit, or does unitless help with responsive?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.