This week it's another Rapid Fire!!! Nothing but the best darn question and answer action you've ever heard!
Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web's most notable experts in Frontend for an all-new, one-day only online conference, the FrontEnd Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop August 21st from 9AM to 5PM (CT).
- As the web changes for the better, so do our tools. While keeping on top of industry changes is part of the job, fighting our tools that can help us do our job faster and better shouldn't be. In this special FrontEnd Summit, we deep dive into tools--some common like text editors and some relatively new to the scene like Grunt and Sketch--to see how they can help stay on top of cutting edge.
- Use coupon code SHOPTALK, and grab your tickets now!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:01 I follow tons of awesome web developers on Twitter and I learn about all the cool new things. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. How do I actually get better at making websites?
- 8:22 I got an email that contained a countdown timer gif. Do you know how this was accomplished?
- 15:54 I am working with a site that generates it's own short urls and I was wondering about adding to my pages. First of all, what good does it do? Secondly, I also saw . What is the difference, if any, and which should I be using?
- 25:44 What is your preference for fixing design breakpoints in responsive designs?
- 44:44 How do you handle touch screens and responsive design?
- 52:42 Many mobile first grids/ frameworks I see use predefined breakpoints. Doesn't this go against the common rule of designing for the content and not the device? Should I have commonly defined breakpoints then tweak each page accordingly?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.