This week we were joined by Fabio Carneiro. Fabio is an Email & User Experience Designer at MailChimp, where he designs and develops versatile, responsive html emails for over 4 million users.
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 21:50 Are there any tools or frame works to help make responsive emails easier for me?
- 38:06 Can you describe your workflow for marking up and testing a HTML email?
- 44:58 If you were an active member in a forum, how could you describe the notification preferences of your dreams?
- 49:40 What is the easiest way of handling data without a database?
- 53:11 I’ve noticed that most registration forms don’t require the user to enter their email address twice (just like the password). Is there any best practice to make it the most comfortable for the client and securing a successful registration process?
- 20:20 Environments for Humans – Digital Biz Summit – Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web’s most notable experts in for an all-new, one-day only online conference, the Digital Biz Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop August 20th from 9AM to 5PM (CT).
- Dan Mall, Emily Lewis (Digital Biz & The Hiring Process), Carl Smith, Robb Harr (Digital Biz & Cashflow) etc. all going to be there to answer questions, and provide support to freelancers and small biz owners. Use coupon code SHOPTALK for 10% off your ticket!
- 35:32 Media Temple – For years, Media Temple has been the premium web hosting choice of more designers, developers, and creative professionals than any other platform. It’s all managed through their own simple, custom control panel, and backed by Media Temple’s famous 24/7 live support. Virtual Private Server solutions are also available with their DV and DV Developer hosting plans. Also, check out their New Managed WordPress Hosting which includes 3 WordPress installs with unlimited bandwidth!
- Special discount for ShopTalk listeners, use promo code SHOPTALK for 25% off your first month of web hosting. Go to mediatemple.net and enter your promo code upon signup.
- Fabio on Twitter
- Fabio’s Website
- Templates – Mailchimp
- Responsive Email Patterns
- Ink from Zurb