This week it’s another RAPID-FIRE!!! Nothing but the best darn question and answer you’ve ever heard!
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 8:56 Picture this: Client organization has a CMS and puts all their ‘news’ content in. Monthly they need to generate a paper newsletter… They push ONE BUTTON and a multi-page pdf, at least as beautiful as the site, is generated with all of their news content… Has anyone tried this?
- 17:03 What’s the best way to compress a vector graphic from Illustrator for the web? There used to be a SVG option for “Save for Web and Devices” but it’s gone in CS6. What SVG specs are best to use?
- 22:43 I’m starting to hear the phrase “Tech Bubble” a lot and it’s very disheartening. Do you guys believe we’re in a tech bubble? If so, is it we the web developers/designers who have to worry? Or is it more threatening to investors, entrepreneurs, and 30 y/o billionaires?
- 32:30 I’m about to start working at a full time job where the team uses Git. Do you have any advice about workflow or etiquette?
- 39:34 I’m a developer at a mid-sized SaaS company and we have a pretty successful product. Our product has an API and there are several other companies that sell web site integrations & 3rd party plugins to our customers. Our company even receives fees to recommend certain “preferred partners”. Do you think it would be unethical or a conflict of interest for me to develop my own premium WordPress plugin on my own time?
- 47:47 I’m currently working in a project and the design calls for use of full-screen image backgrounds, in order to optimize this for mobile devices I’m using media queries to call the appropriate background, it works like a charm, however there is something that bothers me, if I resize the window there’s a small bit of time where the webpage has no background while the image get’s loaded. Any way around this?
- 51:51 Why aren’t box-shadow and text-shadow shorthand properties like background and font? Why don’t the properties box-shadow-color, box-shadow-offset, etc. exist?
- 58:09 My question is about Print Stylesheets. Are they still relevant? How do you approach them?
- 14:15 Campaign Monitor – Need to send an email campaign in a hurry? Try your hand at our template builder and have a responsive email template ready in 60 seconds. While you’re browsing their site, grab a free eBook about the Top 100 email campaigns and get inspired!
28:50 Environments for Humans: Craft CMS Summit – Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web’s most notable experts in Craft for an all-new, one-day only online conference, the Craft CMS Summit 2014!
In this inaugural one-day conference, we look at the State of Craft and deep dive into a series of presentations to give attendees smarter and faster ways to build the web.
Bring the experts to your desktop June 17th from 9AM to 5PM (CT). Use coupon code “Shoptalk” at checkout for a special discount!
- Environments For Humans: WP Summit – Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web’s most notable experts in for an all-new, one-day only online conference all about WordPress, the WP Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop June 18th from 9AM to 4PM (CT). Use coupon code “Shoptalk” at checkout for a special discount!
- CodeKit: THE Mac App For Web Developers
- XOXCO: Packagr
- Codepen Radio 012: VC
- Woofoo: The Online Form Builder
- Getting started with Git
- Try Git: Codeschool Interactive Tutorial
- Image Alpha: Photo Compression
- Web P: a new image format for the web
- Nifty CSS animation tricks