This week it’s another RAPIDFIRE!!! Nothing but HOT question & answer action.
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 2:08 I have a question about running Sass in a corporate environment. I’m really interested in using Sass at work but since it requires Ruby there’s no chance of running a ruby server on my system. Is there any way to run a Sass processor from a thumb drive?
- 7:48 How long does it take for you to write a blog post from the first day you experience the problem (or get the initial idea of what want to write about) to when you actually hit the publish button?
- 16:42 Are there any good low cost alternatives to Engine Yard or Heroku for hosting test or small web apps?
- 22:20 What is the best way to validate html and css?
- 32:45 Are there any WordPress shopping carts that have a token feature or do you know of another way to accomplish this?
- 41:02 Is it worth offering IE6/7/8 support for a responsive design project?
- 11:34 Blend Conf – BlendConf is a generalist conference featuring 60 diverse speakers sharing ideas and conversations about user experience, design, and development. September 11-13 in Charlotte, NC. 4 tracks: UX, Design, Front-end, Back-end. Keynote speakers are Mike Monteiro, Jennifer Palka (Founder Code for America), and Kimberly Bryant (founder, black girl code). Use coupon code “shoptalk” for 10% off!
- 38:41 Environments for Humans – CSS Dev Conf: the first conference devoted to CSS, the design language of the web, returns for its third year on October 13-15, 2014, this time to New Orleans! Tons of great speakers, including Chris Coyier, Rebecca Murphy, Dan Cedarholm, Estelle Way, Jonathan Snook, Rachal Nabors, and more! Go vote for your favorite talk, and pick up tickets today!
- Chrome Dev Tools
- Symbolset Icons
- Google Page Speed Test
- Grunt Strip MQ
- Require JS