This week we were joined by web developer, WordPress core contributor, Sass-fan, Tracy Rotton.
We talked about (roughly in order):
- 8:22 Facebook buys Oculus Rift
- 11:02 SPECIAL: ONE ON ONE WITH A HACKER
- 14:11 Does most RWD look the same?
- 19:55 Is building a non-blog with WordPress a hack?
- 27:06 Shadow Dom
Q & A:
- 32:48 I’m currently not working in a team environment but am wondering if it would be more difficult if a developer was using the heck out of @extend?
- 37:22 Can’t we agree that it’s best to let the browser read plain CSS but let us have tools to make writing that CSS as easy and maintainable as possible?
- 44:02 How to I pull down client changes from my live wordpress site to my local environment?
- 50:01 I’m a WordPress Developer and I’ve noticed a disturbing trend lately. More and more clients are wanting developers that are experts with a specific commercial them? Weird, right?
- 54:05 I have yet to make the leap to SASS or LESS. Does it become troublesome and inconvenient to work with people and projects that don’t use these new methods?
- 31:15 lynda.com – The best online learning resource. Check out great courses like: – Creating and Editing Custom WordPress Themes – Up and Running with Evernote – After Effects – Excel 2013 training Get a free 7 day trial now!
- 42:30 E4H: Rosenfeld Summit Rosenfeld Media and Environments for Humans bring together some of the Web’s most notable experts in User Experience for an all-new, one-day only online conference, the Rosenfeld Summit! Bring the experts to your desktop April 24th from 9AM to 4PM (CT). Get your tickets now!
- Tracy Rotton’s website
- Tracy Rotton on Twitter
- Responsive WP Theming E-book (early access)
- SCSS @extend
- Buy stuff from the Shoptalk store