This week it’s another RAPIDFIRE!!! Nothing but HOT question & answer action!
Q & A:
- 10:00 If a freelance client wants an eCommerce solution, what is the best way to handle this?
- 17:15 If I set the font-weight on a parent element that doesn’t generally support text nodes (like
ULtags) the property can be inherited by the child
LI. However, if the property is set by another selector (even a less specific one), it’s replaced. What’s the deal?
- 26:09 How you organize variables for preprocessors?
- 32:30 I wanted to get your method of tackling web projects. What kind of planning goes into your personal processes?
- 40:05 I am considering getting into some collaborative development through Github. Is Github’s Explore the best place to start to find projects, or would you recommend another site for finding projects?
- 48:36 Is it semantically accurate to place pagination or breadcrumbs inside a nav element?
- 51:55 Is it a good idea to wrap function calls, which trigger Layout (consecutive read->write), in request animation frame?
- 56:28 I was wondering if you guys could talk about using ajax requests to dynamically load content on a page, and how it can be done so that google can recognize it?
- 20:10 Adobe – Adobe believes that web standard technologies are the future for creative expression. They are addressing different parts of the web design process with fantastic tools like:
- Edge Animate (for creating animated, interactive content with HTML)
- Edge Reflow (for creating responsive designs)
- Edge Inspect (for previewing and inspecting web designs on devices) You can learn more at html.adobe.com/edge.
- 38:25 E4H – Responsive Web Design Summit – 3 days, all day long. Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web’s most notable experts in and for an all-new, three-day online conference, the RWD Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop April 1 – April 3, 2014 from 9AM to 5PM (CT). Use coupon code SHOPTALKSHOW and grab a ticket for 20% off!