This week, it's another RAPID FIRE!!! Chris and Dave take on listener questions, fast and furious.
- Over 2,000 courses, with new courses added daily
- One low monthly price of $25/month provides access to the entire course library
- Over 2 million active members, and over 500k fans on facebook
- HTML/CSS/JS - WordPress/Joomla - UX - Adobe - Objective-C/PHP - Photography/Time Management/Negotiation
- Searchable transcripts / Playlists / Bookmarks 7 day trial at lynda.com/shoptalk
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:27 Do you guys have any advice when the time comes to hand over a WordPress site?
- 5:57 What are your opinions about disabilities (hopefully about stuttering but not necessary) in the workplace?
- 9:06 How do I address responsiveness on items that don't scale well (table, video embeds)?
- 14:15 What is Grunt.js? What do I use it for?
- 17:37 I was wondering what your opinions are on training from places like MakerSquare (in Austin), G-School (in Denver) and others that say they can teach you to become a developer in a relatively short amount of time. Would you consider attending schools like these?
- 21:14 I'm looking to start a video blog and I'm searching for a CMS to use with my static site which I designed and developed. Do you have any experience or thoughts about Leaf CMS?
- 25:17 Lately I've just been frustrated with all the work needed to make Wordpress speedy. The Admin Dashboard in particular can be so slow at times. Any hot tips to make Wordpress snappy?
- 28:35 So we've just launched a startup, what's the best way for us to get the app / platform out there, and get people using it?
- 34:28 I am yet a CSE undergrad student. I like both C++ and CSS. I like native programming and front end programming. Will I have to choose one or can I do both?
- 37:56 What are your opinions about Oracle ADF?
- 42:00 Does it make sense to use sprites in your workflow when your image folder is broken up into 2 or more sub folders?
- 44:40 Could you talk a bit about Custom Elements (web components) and why they are (or aren't) a good idea? Won't they dilute the semantic value of already existing elements such as
- 48:20 Have you investigated switching your local development to AMPPS? I know you have been a big MAMP Pro fan, but I've been reading that it's stale and AMPPS has a lot of activity. Thoughts?
- 52:31 It's 2013. What's up with with setting type in pixels, ems and rems, or even %. I understand the differences in theory, but in practice, I really only use pixels. I get that pixels are static (not relative) and don't really mean much with today's high-dpi screens, etc. Do I need to suck it up and just get comfy with a modern approach to type, or are pixels ok?
- 57:30 What SASS pre-processor do you suggest to use on a windows machine to replace Compass and Code Kit?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.