This is a classic RAPIDFIRE episode. No guests, no drama, no news, just straight question on answer action. We talk about (roughly in order):
Interested in sponsoring?
- What is the best way to host videos behind a pay wall? Chris uses WordPress with Restrict Content Pro (with PayPal) and Vimeo Pro to host the video.
- Can there be cross-browser problems with PHP?
- Tips for designers working with developers.
target="_blank"links affect SEO or UX? When should we use them?
- Is it better to base breakpoints after known device sizes or the design itself?
- How the text fade out effect on Polygon.com was done.
- How is it possible icon fonts show up in Firefox but not Chrome?
- Why does Prototype still exist?
- Plug for Color My Sass by Richard Bray.
- What is the correct semantics for testimonial quote with source? (Not <cite>, apparently)
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.