This week we were joined by the talented design and developer David DeSandro. David was formerly nClud and recently joining Twitter in New York. David is known for some amazing projects like Masonry, http://isotope.metafizzy.co/, the 2011 BeerCamp site, and extensive documentation on 3D transforms. We talk about (roughly in order):
ime tracking and invoicing for anyone in client services. Use coupon code SHOPTALK for 50% off the first month.
Interested in sponsoring?
- Paul Irish on IE's new updating plan
- jQuery 2.0 (in 2013) dropping IE 8. And how it's probably not too big of a deal since you can load 1.9 conditionally.
- Why can't you inset text shadows?
- Do you have to be the best of the best to work at a big company?
- I think I might have a case of divitus.
- Working on an HTML5 url input polyfill and need a regex.
- Apps that have in-app browsers, are they just WebKit?
- What steps do we take to ensure usability and accessibility? Resources?
- What is the performance of Masonry on older browsers?
- Who is your Yoda?
- David is colorblind. (resource links)
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.