This week we were joined by Ethan Marcotte, our chauffeur into the brave new world of responsive web design. We've been getting a good amount of questions about RWD, so we've saved the best ones up for a special espisode from the man himself. We talk about (roughly in order):
Note: Dear Audiophiles, sorry about the choppy recording. Will work on it.
Buy domains without all the annoying cross-selling. Use that link and get 10% off your order.
Interested in sponsoring?
- (4:20) - StyleDocco
- (5:50) - Adobe Shadow
- (7:40) - SenchaTouch 2
- (8:15) - The Non-Breaking Space Show Crossover
- (8:50) - The Industry Podcast
- (12:20) - What is responsive design?
- (15:43) - When shouldn't you use responsive design?
- (24:26) - Using image sprites with responsive design?
- (31:30) - Scaling images in responsive design
- (37:27) - Responsive display advertising
- (44:30) - Making the jQuery plugin DataTables responsive
- Grid systems to help the transition into responsive design
- (49:55) - Is hiding inline images good enough to prevent them from loading?
- (53:40) - Embedded tweets in responsive design
- (56:50) - Masonry style layouts
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.