068: With Ben Schwarz
This week we were joined by Ben Schwarz, a full stack web hacker, tool maker, and tip sharer from Melbourne, Australia. We talked about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- 4:00 Ben's latest project Gallery CSS
- 11:30 Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- 16:30 When does Ben use Grunt JS and when does he use CodeKit?
- 24:25 What are some of the worst case scenarios when using UA sniffing? Is all UA sniffing bad, or are there upsides? Chris lays down the law.
- 34:00 Responsive images via SVG by Estelle Weyl
- 42:10 What's new in Melbourn, Australia?
- 43:35 "I'm pretty good with CSS, when should I start learning SCSS? Do you have any suggestions for a Windows setup?" Scout, Live Reload, Compass.app for Windows.
- 50:30 What workflow should I use for Git since I'm not building web apps? (example, building a WordPress site)
- 58:40 What is the big deal about designing with a grid? Why should I use one?