We've got Jason Pamental on the show to educate us on variable typography and how it could be the biggest thing to come to the web since responsive design.
DADI is a global decentralized cloud services platform, built using blockchain technology. It is designed to bring the balance of computational power back to the people – a network collectively owned by its users, and offering substantially cheaper services than those offered by the big tech companies.
Register now for the DADI Crowdsale.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:56 What is a variable font and why should we care?
- 8:44 This could be the biggest thing to come to the web since responsive design.
- 18:20 Tell us about your book?
- 23:00 Pragmatic is definitely the word I gravitate to.
- 24:30 Was there a fight to get variable typography support?
- 30:15 Are font builders excited about this?
- 34:20 Illustrator and Photoshop support?
- 44:30 Performance is important with fonts.
- 49:25 What's this optical size-zzz stuff?
- 56:00 Is there a worry that people will do bad things with this?
- 57:20 How do web dev folks learn to use type better?
- 59:50 What's up with coloring fonts?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.