What’s the difference between a site that’s straight up files vs WordPress? What’s CSP and why does it matter? Does MySQL matter? Understanding the benefits of HTTP2. And how can you clean up a project you’re taking over?
- No comments were pulled out of the bag this episode.
Q & A
- 13:18 Recently my company assigned me a new project in which i have to take a copy of older project. I find it really difficult to work on this project. If I make one change, layout breaks somewhere else. Is there a way I can make my life easier without resigning?
- 23:30 When you guys make websites, do you host a set of pure code files or do you use WordPress, and if you use WordPress how do you go about learning it?
- 33:30 So on a recent episode you touched on using Mozilla’s Observatory project to scan your site’s front-end for security issues. The first item on Observatory’s report card was the Content Security Policy. I’d love to get a passing grade on these item, but I don’t see a fast path to get there without serious reconsideration of my theme and plugins.
- 42:30 Am I the only one who thinks despite H2 being on the horizon, nothing should change in terms of workflow? Have I misunderstood a fundamental aspect of H2? What do you guys think?
- 51:28 What’s the best way to call large CSS or JS libraries like Twitter Bootstrap on your page?
- 54:45 Is MySQL being phased out?
- Micah Godbolt
- CSS-Tricks: Automated CSS Regression Testing
- CSS-Tricks: Visual Regression Testing CSS Blend Modes
- Pug JS
ShopTalk Show Law Declarations
- No ShopTalk Show Laws were declared during this episode.
Sponsor: Typekit 31:35
Typekit is the best way to get the fonts you need for all your creative projects. Designers have counted on us for years to serve beautiful type on the web, and Creative Cloud members continue to delight at learning how to sync fonts from Typekit to local applications. We’ve now expanded our offering substantially with Typekit Marketplace, which uses the same font sync and web hosting technologies to deliver an even broader range of fonts, with prices set by participating foundries. We’re excited to see what you make with this.
Sponsor: Indeed Prime 50:26
Indeed Prime helps tech talent such as software developers land their dream job. Candidates get immediate exposure to the best tech companies with just one simple application. Companies on Prime’s exclusive platform message candidates with salary upfront. The average software developer gets 5 employer contacts and an average salary offer of $125,000. Indeed Prime is 100% free for candidates — no strings attached. And when you’re hired, Indeed Prime gives you a $2,000 bonus to say thanks for using Prime. Sign up now.