RAPIDFire episode with your Q’s and our A’s! What should you put in your portfolio site? How should you deploy? Is blogging wanted dead or alive? Real name or fake name on the web? Should we use Firebase? Help me understand Yeoman with a butts example?
Q & A
- 2:05 I would love to hear about the tooling / process you guys have going for deployment on Codepen and Daytrip?
- 11:50 A conversation about blogging and Dave’s old gold revelation.
- 19:30 Do you have any experience using Yeoman? It seems like Yeoman is great for web app development, but I am curious if the workflow feels clumsy in non-app projects, such as a WordPress site.
- 27:46 I’ve decided to build my personal website and blog. Should I use a pseudonym? Which domain should I use?
- 36:35 Do you guys recommend a way of ‘snapshotting’ a webpage you built for your resume? I have tons of great websites I’d like to link from on my resume but I am worried that the company will change it, since I no longer work there.
- 44:00 I noticed that established front-end developers in the field (like yourselves, David Walsh, Paul Irish etc) do not have a portfolio section. Their websites are often overly simple in design, with at most a blog, social media, and contact information. Why is that?
- 51:20 Google released the new firebase in May and I’ve heard very little about it. Is anyone actually using it, or is it just seen as a cheat?
- DaveRupert.com Old Gold
- Ada Lovelace
- Unsolved Problems by Tyler Sticka
- Jessica Hische
- LG WQHD IPS Curved 34-Inch LED-Lit Monitor
- Paravel Work
- Google Firebase
- CSS-Tricks Post on Airtable