This week we talk with Monika Piotrowicz and Lara Hogan about career paths – where we started from doesn’t always equal where we’ve landed. Freelancer? Go to university or college? Find a mentor? It’s a common ShopTalk Show question and we do our best to answer from our experiences.
Q & A
- 51:47 Where I live there aren’t many local jobs for me. The local jobs are mostly unrelated to my skill set and aren’t things I’m interested in, and the remote jobs tend to be geared towards those with many years of experience and better developed soft-skills. Am I, or anyone else in a similar situation to mine, outa luck? Or is there a plausible escape plan?
- Monika Piotrowicz on Twitter
- Monika Piotrowicz on the web
- Lara Hogan on Twitter
- Lara Hogan on the web
- Lara Hogan on Ep59 of ShopTalk Show
- Tim Holman’s Career Path
- Recurse in New Yorkj
- Giant Conf Talk How Do You Solve a Problem Like Front End Developer
- The Iron Yard
- Team Treehouse
- Kahn Academy
- Hacker You in Toronto
- Brenna O’Brien on Ep 195 of ShopTalk Show
- Wes Bos on Ep176 of ShopTalk Show
- Dee Gill on Ep11 of ShopTalk Show
- Building a Device Lab
- Designing for Performance
- Shopify Careers
- Shopify Partners
Developers around the world have embraced the Braintree vdotzero SDK as the easiest way to add secure mobile payments to their apps and websites.
No matter what payment type, Braintree accepts it. Apple Pay, Android Pay, PayPal, Venmo, credit cards, even Bitcoin. And if something new pops up, Braintree will support that too. It’s the same payment solution used by Uber, Airbnb, and GitHub, so you know it scales.
Integrating it into your app is as easy as inserting a few lines of code. Try out the sandbox and see for yourself.
Get the big picture and the fine details on all things web-related at Fluent: programming, design, and making the web great. You’ll find:
- 2-day intensive training courses on React, Node, and CSS Layout, and more.
- Great keynotes
- Incredible networking opportunities
If you work on the web, you’ll want to be at Fluent. Happening March 7–10 in San Francisco. Shoptalk listeners: use code SHOPTALKS when you register and save 30%.