This week it's another RAPIDFIRE!!! Nothing but ray guns and hot question and answer madness!
A full-day deep dive into Sass - setting up from workflow foundations, to learning the cutting edge Sass stuff coming in version 3.4. Bring the experts to your desktop November 6th from 9AM to 4PM (CT).
- Discount code 25% off w/ SHOPTALKSHOW code. Recordings come with registration! So, if you miss a session or can't make the day, you can watch them later at your own time when they become available. Grab your tickets now!
The best online learning resource. New courses are posted every single day. Check out some super great courses like:
- Creative GoPro Photography and Video Techniques
- Up and Running with Genesis for WordPress
- Creating a One-Page Scrollable Website with Adobe Muse
- So much more. Learn all the things! Get a [free 7 day trial now]!(http://lynda.com/shoptalk)!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 3:26 For responsive menus, do you use a similar plugin on each site, or do you build custom menus for each site? Are there any responsive menu plugins that you would recommend?
- 11:12 When editing pre-built wordpress templates for a company I work for I often find myself using display:none to get rid of content that the client doesn't want on the page. It definitely feels like a dirty fix, what are your thoughts on this?
- 17:58 I'm trying to develop a horizontally-scrolling page layout for a website I'm working on. How would you guys tackle this sort of challenge these days?
- 25:11 I'm curious if you've ever been part of a team where you or someone else on the team introduced a technology or process change or maybe like a paradigm shift in how things needed to be done. What were the toughest challenges?
- 35:25 Stacy K. wins tickets to SASS Summit!
- 38:47 I need to create an array of arrays of images for my banners. How do I put that together?
- 45:38 What do you suggest a beginner do in order to continue not only learning but implementing new ideas?
- 56:29 We're considering moving a Wordpress site with a few hundred posts, and growing, over to a static site generator like Jekyll. I'm wondering, how scalable is it? Is there a limit? Do things slow down?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.