This week, we take a listen to an episode of the Shoptalk show that was recorded WAAAYYYYY back in 2004, when - apparently - both Chris and Dave had midwestern accents and voices that cracked regularly! They speak to some up-and-comers in the web design community, and debate the hot question: CSS, or tables?
Check out Project Parfait: it's a really nice way to extract everything you need from a PSD - in your browser!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 5:26 Live Journal no longer requires an invite code: is there going to be a Shoptalk Community?
- 7:07 How do I add text to my Zen Garden theme with CSS?
- 12:06 I'd like to use CSS Zen Garden, but I'm Christian. What should I do?
- 15:31 I've been using frames and tables for my layouts, but I've heard about divs and CSS. Should I take the time to learn this stuff?
- 17:25 Is it possible to use CSS with IE 5 and 6?
- 20:10 I heard the folks at Mozilla are about to release a new web browser. Will it handle CSS properties better than Internet Exploder?
- 22:59 I have two frames in a frame set. How do I let my users toggle the left frame on and off by clicking a button on the right frame?
- 26:27 Where can I find “Under Construction” GIFs for my new site? And how long do I have before GeoCities takes my page down?
- 30:41 I'm working with an Ad Agency doing print work, but I'm interested in building websites. Is the future of websites bigger than print design?
- 34:28 I've been hearing about liquid layouts to let websites adjust to different screen sizes, but since most screens are 1024px or 800px, are liquid layouts worth the extra work?
- 38:23 What can I do to make my Myspace page look cooler?
- 40:50 I'm building my first website, and I want to make a blog. Should I use Wordpress or Grey Matter?
- 43:15 How do I change the background image in my nav bar when the user hovers over it?
- 46:46 Do you know of a good rollover plugin for Dreamweaver 6?
- 48:47 Why should I start using CSS and Divs instead of table based layouts?
- 52:38 I've been using Adobe Director, but my teachers at school keep telling me that Authorware is going to be the next big thing. Any tips?
- 56:00 My uncle keeps having the weird dreams about the future where kids are taking pictures of their meals and sharing them on the internet. Is he crazy?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.