This week it’s another RAPIDFIRE!!! Nothing but HOT question & answer action.
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 1:47 Could you recommend any good WordPress plugins to work with for a bilingual support?
- 10:38 Is it possible to have a single page website perform well in terms of SEO?
- 19:03 When starting from scratch on a smaller site I tend to work first on the markup, then once happy I begin the styling. This usually means going through all selectors in the DOM and pasting them into the stylesheet. Have you found a tool to scan a DOM and spit out all the classes (and maybe IDs) for styling with?
- 25:12 How should I handle vertical rhythm?
- 33:18 Have you guys had any luck using MAMP on Mountain Lion?
- 35:07 I’m having problems with version control. Do you have any advice?
- 42:49 When or why it would be better to use @extend in certain instances versus creating a mixin and using @include?
- 49:15 My client expects pixel perfection when translating PSD to website. What do you think is a reasonable level of fidelity to the mockup to expect from a developer?
- 57:51 In responsive web design, what are the advantages and disadvantages of including media queries “inline” in your CSS versus putting them in separate CSS files?
- 54:41 E4H – Craft CMS Summit – Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web’s most notable experts in Craft for an all-new, one-day only online conference, the Craft CMS Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop June 17th from 9AM to 5PM (CT). Get your tickets now!
- Multilingual WordPress
- Microsoft English
- Microsoft Hebrew
- Smartling.com – Website Translation
- Create Crawlable Link Friendly AJAX Websites Using Push State
- Angular JS
- Baseline Grids on the Web – Jason Santa Maria
- The Extend Concept (SCSS)
- Craft CMS