This week it’s another RAPIDFIRE! We take listener questions and try to answer them as best we can within a 3 minute time constraint.
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 2:19 What’s the best way to release a tiny JQuery plugin?
- 21:02 I want to set a performance budget but have no idea where to start. Are there any good articles or pieces of advice you can give?
- 29:00 What’s the best way to learn JQuery?
- 31:35 What’s the best way to detect if something is visible in the browser’s active viewport?
- 38:29 Do you know of a port of Bootstrap that is more intended for a Grunt and Sass workflow?
- 41:50 I’ve been trying to figure out the right way to handle content hiding. Any advice or thoughts on this?
- 48:20 How do you handle a boss that gets upset when you ask him about which devices we’ll be supporting for a project?
- 51:20 Do you guys know of any cool sites/tools to see what percentage of people are currently using what browsers to get a general idea of global usage on a particular browser version?
- 27:14 lynda.com The best online learning resource where you can learn about everything. Check out sweet courses like:
- Lighting Design for Video Production
- Animate a CSS Sprite Sheet
- Responsive Typography Tips
- Agile Project Management
- Creating Hair in Maya
- Go check it out and get a free 7 trial!
- 36:19 Environments for Humans: Responsive Web Design Summit Lot of great speakers talking about performance, techniques/tips, and strategy when dealing with RWD and workflows.
- Topics include Sass tips, grunt, tool automation, responsive HTML emails, content strategy for designers, responsive wire framing, and much more. Speakers like Dan Mall, Brad Frost, Trent Walton, Jenn Lukas, and more. Use “SHOPTALKSHOW” to get 20% off any ticket combo!
- Shards JQuery Plugin
- Tim Kadlec – “Fast Enough”
- Dave Rupert – “A Brander Newer Blog”
- Learning JQuery book
- CSS Tricks: A Complete Guide to Flexbox