This week is another RAPIDFIRE!!!
We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A:
- 2:02 Should I use “.mainNav” or “nav.main”? Do you see any issues with using either?
- 4:54 I’m looking to find a new job. How should I approach employers when I’m not proud of the sites I’ve been working on?
- 7:18 I am developing locally and pushing out to a live site but is there an easy way to handle databases (WordPress mainly). Is there a more automated way to do this?
- 12:00 How do you design for touch? Do you use something jQuery.finger?
- 18:46 Google really likes blogs for SEO, are there any lightweight solutions to adding blog functionality to a pre-existing site?
- 22:59 Do you think that in the future someone could create program like Photoshop with an export function that compiles everything into cutting-edge code that works on all browsers?
- 27:20 What do you guys think of working with coffeescript, less, etc. along with task runners like grunt? Do you find these tedious or too confusing?
- 38:00 How do you handle spam comments on a WordPress blog?
- 44:28 I’m doing a web presentation at work in front of some non-technical people. I want to discuss 3 hot web design trends in 2013, what would you recommend?
- WP DB Migrate Pro A fantastic wordpress plugin that makes syncing wp databases super easy. You can push or pull your databases from one site wordpress site to another.
- 34:48 Evironments for Humans: InCtrl Conference FEB. 17-19 in Orlando, FL. A single track conference, with 1.5 hour long deep-dives into awesome topics. Check it out.
Show Links :
- Filament Group: Tappy
- Hammer JS
- Jeckyl Blog Generator
- Macaw: Code-savvy Web Design Tool
- Time to buy a ShopTalk tshirt for Christmas!