This week we were joined by Geri Coady, an illustrator, designer, and author from Newfoundland, Canada. We talked about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- 29:02 Are there any particular hues and shades of colors that are particularly inaccessible or render unfaithfully? Also, how does this affect color accessibility?
- 38:27 I was wondering what your thoughts are on using design elements from web sites such as designshock.com and the slew of others that offer freebies or commercial license purchases?
- 45:40 In an industry that can be dramatic, cynical, and sometimes barbaric, how do you remain positive and keep your head up in what you do?
- 52:11 Am I stupid to quit my full-time corporate print design job?
- 27:31 BlendConf – Blend Conference is a generalist conference in Charlotte, NC featuring 50 speakers sharing ideas and conversations about user experience design, user interface design, and web development. It’ll all happening September 5-7. 20% off with the discount code ‘shoptalk’.
- 44:05 CSS Dev Conf – Speakers Announced! October 21-23, 2013 – The Stanley Hotel in the Rocky Mountains · Colorado, U.S.
- Geri’s Website
- Geri onTwitter
- Colour Accessability Pocket Guide
- Design Shock
- Code School