This week we were joined by Brandon Mathis, a web worker out of Birmingham, Alabama working for MongoHQ. Brandon is on the Compass team and is the creator of the static site generator Octopress. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- (26:32) – Regenerating sprites with Compass is taking 30 seconds, what gives?
- (30:04) – Why doesn’t Octopress use Grunt?
- (33:58) – Should we be using placeholder selectors for every possible property/selector combination?
- (43:17) – How should I go about grouping media queries? (Also see Brandon’s custom mixins for media queries)
- (53:00) – What is Dave Rupert?
- (54:45) – How do you do that thing where you serve a very basic stylesheet to oldIE? (link)
- (57:55) – Have we used any HTML preprocessors?
- (51:44) – Environments for Humans – Check out the (online) Responsive Web Design Summit coming April 16-18. Save 20% with discount code SHOPTALK.
- (24:42) – Lynda.com – Use that link for a free week! Lynda.com has over 77,000 videos on all kinds of topics ranging from web stuff to photography to business.