This week we were joined by Lara Swanson, formerly UX manager at Dyn and now a manager of mobile web at Etsy. Lara has long been a champion of web performance, UX, and being a good front end developer. We talk about (roughly in order):
News ‘n’ Links ‘n’ Drama
- 8:45 LayerVault vs. DesignModo
- 14:13 “Pinkifying the recruiting process”
- 19:50 FRED
- 20:40 Client-Hints
Q & A
- 27:35 What up with gzipping?
- 31:37 If you use styles for literally only one page, shouldn’t that be a
- 34:50 If you could attend only one conference, what would it be?
- 37:40 How much third part “stuff” is too much?
- 58:43 What kind of skills do you need to get a job at an agency?
- 49:31 What kind of device should you get for testing retina?
- 26:12 ConvergeSE – A web design and development conference in Columbia, South Carolina April 25-27. Chris will be there!
- 47:42 Environments for Humans – Check out the (online) Responsive Web Design Summit coming April 16-18. Save 20% with discount code SHOPTALK.