This week we were joined by Ben Frain, a web developer, technology columnist, and book author from Cheshire, UK. Ben has written for major publications like MacUser, .net, and The Guardian and is also a very famous television actor. We talked about (roughly in order):
- 9:40 Seven Rules nonsense.
- 16:15 Aral Balkan’s Slide & Stage
- 17:06 The answer to one of ShopTalk’s most-asked questions (how to keep a WordPress database in sync between live and local): WP Migrate DB Pro
Q & A
- 21:45 Wouldn’t it be easier to group media query stuff into blocks and @import them in chunks?
- 27:50 How do you compile Sass server-side?
- 32:45 If I use Coda 2 will I be cooler than someone who uses Sublime Text?
- 35:10 Are there benefits to switching to Sass if a project is already in LESS?
- 44:20 How can I use a Git workflow and retain working offline?
- 51:30 Is there a standard for structuring a Sass project? (The Sass Way on structure, Globbing)
- 58:35 If you’ve gone-commando directly on some .css on the server, but the project is in Sass, is there a way to port those changes back?
- 34:10 Lynda.com – Use that link for a free week. Lynda.com has 1,700 full training courses on all kinds of tech learning. Level up your knowledge!
- 49:00 Environments for Humans – CSS Dev Conf is happening again! This time in Colorado. Talk proposals open!