This week we were joined by Tim Smith, a designer doing both freelance work and in-house design work as well as soon-to-be magazine publisher. This is a crossover episode, as both Dave and Chris have been on Tim’s excellent podcast The East Wing. We talk about (roughly in order):
- Brian Franco’s book An Illustrated Guide to Front-End Development
- Sam Stephenson: You Are Not Your Code (relevant to last show’s talk about Prototype)
- Responsive URL’s (a joke, folks)
- Andy Clarke and Jen Simmons on The Web Ahead talking weblebrities at conferences.
Q & A
- Should browsers natively support CSS preprocessor syntax?
- Websites are getting fat. What can we do?
- Is there tech we can use to help with HIPAA compliance?
- Should there / can there be print buttons on mobile websites?
- How does Tim keep on keeping on?
- Mijingo – Educational screencasts for web developers. Use coupon HOTDRAMA to get both the Jekyll and Markdown screencasts for only $15
- Environments for Humans – Both Dave and Chris will be at the 2013 InControl conference in Orlando, Florida in February. Use coupon SHOPTALK for $100 off.