This week we were joined by Harry Roberts of CSS Wizardy. Harry does a lot of writing about CSS architecture and writing good CSS. He has a fancy title at BSkyB and has worked on apps such as Faavorite. We talk about (roughly in order):
- To use or not to use ID’s, the saga. (1) (2) (3) (4)
- Changes afoot for Ellis Labs / Expression Engine
Q & A
- In search of the ah-ha moment for preprocessors. (For Harry, variables in inuit.css)
- What sort of planning process do you go through to prepare yourselves to write efficient code on large projects?
- How do CSS transforms interplay with normal CSS properties like height/width and top/left?
- Newly added styles have a way of just being append to end of stylesheet. Are there organizational principals to help with that?
- There are lots of new awesome workflow tools for Mac, what about Windows and Linux?
- Is there some kind of tool to automate making CSS IE compatible?
- Environments for Humans – InControl 2013 in Orlando is going to be fantastic! Both Dave and Chris will be there. Save $100 with coupon code SHOPTALKSHOW