This week we were joined by Brad Frost, a web designer and developer who is doing a lot these days for the responsive web design movement. He’s created things like Mobile Web Best Practices and This Is Responsive. We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- (14:55) What are our go-to WordPress plugins? (these)
- (16:18) Life beyond the final breakpoint
- (21:47) Isn’t adaptive design better?
- (32:24) How do you deal with a grid when you start with mobile first?
- (42:45) Ems, rems, percentages, etc. in responsive design, including media queries. (Link about using em’s for breakpoints)
- (51:52) What is a good UI/UX conference to go to?
- (57:57) How do you deal with the “view desktop version | view mobile version” thing?
- (1:07:12) Who’s responsive design would be better? Batman or Flash?
- (30:40) Harvest – Time tracking, time analysis, and invoicing for people that do client work on computers. Make sure to check out their Mac app as well as iOS and Android apps.
- (51:12) Environments for Humans – All three of us in this episode are going to be at InControl Conf and CSS Dev Conf in Honolulu Hawaii this December 2-5, 2012.