Matt is the co-founder of WordPress (.org, .com) and and essentially the head dude there and at Akismet, VaultPress, Gravatar, bbPress… you know, a few things (see: Automattic). We talk about (roughly in order):
Q & A
- Will you get more traffic just being on WordPress vs being on Blogger?
- What do you need to consider before you start storing sensitive information on the web like Social Security Numbers? (For starters, PCI compliance)
- Can you recommend a blank starter theme for WordPress? (_s)
- A young developer asks: what should I learn next? (ya’ll know the chorus)
- Wouldn’t it be easier just to build a responsive admin rather than a separate native app for WordPress?
- What kind of apps would Matt like to see be built on WordPress?
- How do you deal with WordPress security? (book)
- re: Culture of Distraction – How does Matt stay focused?
- Harvest – Time tracking for professionals. Coupon code SHOPTALK is good for 50% off first month or 10% of a yearly plan.
- Environments for Humans – Conferences for web people. Coupon code SHOPTALK is good for $100 off InControl.