This week we were joined by Jonathan Longnecker and Nate Croft, who together form FortySeven Media, a design studio focusing on web design, branding, and ExpressionEngine development.
Audiophiles, pardon the echo we’ll work on that for the next show. We talked about (roughly in order):
- Andreas Hedderich’s noise technique.
- Whether or not website building apps (e.g. Squarespace, Virb) are putting web designers out of business.
- How personality can affect the clients you bring in.
- Designing in the browser vs. designing in Photoshop / Illustrator / Fireworks.
- Apologizing for not sharing Windows alternatives (but how it doesn’t matter too much, since web == everywhere).
- If there is every a good time to design for older browsers and leave it at that (not enhance for newer browsers at all).
- Why Git/GitHub so popular and the workflow around it.
More on Jonathan Longnecker and Nate Croft:
- Freshly redesigned fortysevenmedia.com / @47m
- The Kick Awesome Show / @kickawesomeshow
- @necker47 / @natecroft
Brought to you by LessAccounting.