This week we were joined by Chris Eppstein who is known for his work in the world of CSS preprocessing. But Chris has a deep history in the web, being a full stack developer for many years and for many different startups. This week, in loose order, we talk about:
- A sweet new candidate for intro music by Chris Taylor.
- Who various celebrities favorite HTML elements are.
- How a preprocessor can help with better names for fonts, and ways to keep even that from being repetitive.
- The difference between to similar looking CSS selectors.
- Some “startup” tips.
- How Coyier the Destroyer would win in a wrestling match against Chris Eppstein (after all the crying).
- Sprites: why they are good and things to watch for (Compass helper).
- Testing on mobile devices on a budget (Brad Frost’s article).
More on Chris:
Like Compass? It’s charity ware so if you like it Chris asks you donate to the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UMDF).