This week it's another RAPID-FIRE!!! Nothing but web standards southern gentlemen and hot question and answer madness!
Time Jump Links
- 2:37 A question about responsive images: I just came across this CSS approach to specifying a "focal point" of an image so when the browser resizes the image is cropped and it's location is adjusted so that a specified point stays in the visible area. What do you think? Are there other similar solutions you like better?
- 5:40 I'm working on a refactor of a site I built a while ago. In that site, I'm loading a font file just for the logo which seems like it might be unneeded page bloat. My question is: is it worth the time subsetting a font for only the characters I need, or would a better approach be some sort of accessible svg?
- 11:40 I came across thegrid.io and watched their video. I love the concept, but how do you think this will effect the web design industry?
- 18:30 Is there a good replacement for css resets?
- 24:33 I'm wondering what your experiences are with hacking attempts and what methods you use to secure your sites and servers; specifically for Wordpress sites?
- 38:01 I recently started to use SVGs instead of an iconfont. However I'm still struggling with the right technique. What are your thoughts on that?
- 44:11 I have a situation where people are creating and editing content in Google Docs, then pasting the content over to the CMS. Sometimes Docs behaves and doesn't include a bunch of inline styles, sometimes it isn't so nice. What is the best/most efficient way to override these inline styles?
- 51:56 Why isn't there a good text editor for OS X ? I'm so tired of these multi-platform editors like Atom, Sublime, and Brackets. Are there any better options?